Monday, February 13, 2012

Hobby Press Kit by Ryonet


Question:  What does the Hobby Press Kit by Ryonet comes with?
Answer:  The Hobbykit comes with the following:
  • One Aluminum Hobby Press w/13x15 print board
  • One 16x20 156 mesh standard wood T-shirt screen
  • 8 ounches of white water based ink (suppose to prints up to 50 images)
  • 8 ounches of black water based ink (suppose to prints up to 50 images)
  • One 10" Ink Squeege
  • 5 Sheets of Positive Film 8.5x11
  • Screen Degreaser (concentrated - makes 8 ounces)
  • One Pint of water resistant emulsion - coats about 15 screens
  • Emulsion remover (concentrated - makes 8 ounces)
  • 2 ounces of print board adhesive to hold garments in place (will last several hundred prints0
  • 2 sheets of parchment paper
  • 12" scoop coater to make emulsion application easy
  • Screen block out tape - 2" wide 55 yard roll
  • 500 Watt Exposure light
  • 5 Ultimate ink cards - these makes ink application and clean up a lot easier!
  • Two mini scrub pads for applying chemicals
  • Five Rubber gloves
  • Detailed instructional DVD 101
  • Detailed instructional Hobby Kit DVD
  • Detailed written instructions
Question:  What do I like most about this kit?
Answer:  It literally comes with everything you need to start printing.  And the second reason why I truly love this kit is because it came with some very useful DVDs.  Because I know nothing about the screen printing other than what I watched on youtube, the DVDs are very helpful and very detailed.  It came with four DVDs.  And I caught the Kit on sale.  The kit usually cost over $200 and I was able to purchase it for $149.99 + a free 500 Watt Exposure Light. 

Question:  Have you started yet?
Answer:  No I have not used it.  I have installed it to an old kitchen table and placed all of the materials on the table.  Watch the video couple of times.  and I even purchased new screens from ebay.  21x21 with 110 Mesh Screens. 

Question:  What is the reason for the delay?
Answer:  The first artwork we decided to print on T-Shirt is designed on 11x17 Film.  I want to use as much space as possible, covering the entire screen.  I want a large artwork on apply on T-Shirt.  We finally finished the artwork and planning on sending it to Kinkos to Print on Transparency film.  Because the film we received with this kit is 8.5x11, standard size paper.  We wanted a larger image. 

Soon I will post the first T-shirt that's been screen printed with this kit and let you guys know the turn out. 

Question:  Is there something you didn't like about this kit?
Answer:  The only thing so far is the mesh I had to clean up after unboxing the Hobby Kit.  There were so much styrofoam balls in my living room.  But I was so excited like a kit opening a present on Christmas Day.  I've always wanted this kit and now its mine... all mine  HA!  HA!  HA!

Watch me unboxing the kit.



To get your very own screen printing hobby kit,  click the link below
http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/HOBBYKIT 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews