Friday, May 15, 2015

What I love about Savannah historic district

As you know, 2 to 3 times a year, I visit Savannah when Greyhound bus allows me to for $2 round trip.  I kid you not, $2.00  Because I am El-Cheapo the frugal traveler, I am on a budget.  So I just do this one day trip thing.  I live early and catches the bus late.

I have noticed a pattern to my trip... I keep coming back to this one area of downtown, the Oglethorpe Square.

Most tourists loves the Ellis Square, City Market, Forsyth Park, and River Street, but I love the Oglethorpe square.  I can see myself living in this area.  It has cafes, restaurants, retail stores, boutiques and so much more.  Next time I go, I'll make sure I do a video tour.



tricycle cabbies hangs out at this park.  that is my fav cafe here and around the corner is Mellow Mushroom pizza.  There are plenty of shops at this squares.  


here's something new this year.  I didn't know it existed, a bike sharing program in Savannah Georgia, yippie!!!  As soon as you get off the greyhound bus, you also arrived at the city bus terminal, which is where the Bike sharing terminal located. 
You can rent this bike for $5 a day.  For more info on the bike sharing program, here's the link...


This is Ellis Square, there is a terminal here for the Bike Sharing System.

and I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews