Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Veggie garden update

I am just amaze how my veggie garden is growing so well.  If you have been following my posts... you know that I did not buy any soil, fertilizer, or other chemicals for this garden.  It is not by choice but by necessity.  

The purpose of the garden is for me to save money on vegetables... So I feel that by buying soil, fertilizes and etc... it depletes the purpose.  Plus it is good for the environment and it is organic.


here's a tip:  I use cotton yarn and shower curtain ring to support my tomato plants.

I watched a video on youtube about cilantro plants, the video encourages you to throw away the plant after eating the cilantro.  Well I didn't and it gave me coriander and lots of it.

bayleaves flowers.  the first time I have seen them.

string beans flowers

check out all that string beans... that's whats for dinner tonight.

I thought my squash plants were a failure... but I love how good hey look.  
again... no fertilizer use.  I have a very poor sandy soil, I barely had compost material.  and I love how my veggie garden is blossoming. 

#veggiegarden #vegetablegardens #urgangardening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews