Monday, November 24, 2014

Cox Cable in Macon - Review

So, I got a telemarketing call on my cell phone few days ago and it was Cox.  and because I am already a customer, I decided to entertain the call.  They offer a $24.95 deal for Cable TV this price is only good for 6 months and after six months it doubles.

The Deal:
$24.95 for six months
75 channel
and one receiver of HD

But what he failed to tell me is, without a HD receiver, you don't get all the channels.  Even though your tv is a smart tv and cable ready.  I was so disappointed and felt dupe.  OK, maybe I haven't had cable in a while.  But from what I can remember, if you're paying for cable, it doesn't matter how many tv you have in the house, as long as they are cable ready, you can plug the cable and you get what you paid for.  But apparently not any more.

The irritating factor:
More than half of the channels are not showing and will not show without the receiver.   and here is the most annoying part, when you are channel surfing, the tv no longer skips those channels, it goes through all the channels that you can't watch, by showing grainy and noisy page after page or I should say channel after channel.

Another irritating part, the tv with the HD receiver, when you channel surf, all the channels that you didn't get with the basic package, like HGTV, TLC, Discovery, oh yes, you do not get HGTV with basic package, it gives you a page that tells you to call customer service if you want this channel.  Talk about subliminal seduction.  If you keep seeing that message, you'll eventually call and spend more money.

More complaints.
What happened?... why is there such a long lag when channel surfing.  I just don't remember this issue.  It takes forever to go from one channel to another.

The good:
I can log in on abc.com, and other tv networks online, and watch episode I missed.  Usually I have to wait one week to watch the latest posted episode of my favorite shows.  with with cox cable tv, you can log in with your username and password and have instant access.  But is that worth it???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews