Monday, March 29, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival 2010 photos

I wanted to be prepared this year for the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon.  Here are some of the photos I took at the City Park in downtown Macon.  This is one of the area where a lot of the activities are being held.  Its free to enter.  There were plenty of rides for fun, concession stands, games, and plenty of things to buy.  But what I really was impressed with was the "Old Thyme Photos", where you get to dressed up in cowboy Indians era, saloon girls, and etc.  I'm pretty sure, they made plenty of mula.  Anyway enjoy the photos.

Entering the Park, isn't gorgeous?

children enjoying the rides

crowd waiting for the next on stage entertainment.

People from everywhere comes to Macon during the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival.

See that big white tent?  It's huge.  It's filled with people eating from many concession stands that sells your typical festival food like, hotdogs, corndogs, nachos, turkey legs, pizza, ice creams and etc.  I was a bit in control because I didn't purchase any meal.  But I did got suckered for cinnamon roasted almonds inside that pavilion, which was also filled with vendors of all types.  I also bought some bangles and two pair earrings.

I forgot to turn this photo.  But you get the picture.

Typical ride a pony.  I can't help to wonder, are these animals being treated with love and care.

Typical win a teddy bear game.

What a Cherry Blossom Festival without the Pink Mustang.  It's so cute and small.

On my way back to my van from touring the park and activities, I followed a couple walking up the hill which lead me to this never before explored walk trail by the river and led me straight to my van where I parked.  Amazing what you discover in Macon when walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews