Friday, July 30, 2010

How to fix your Magic Jack if it doesn't work on your computer

MY MAGIC JACK 

So, I finally purchased my magic Jack at Walmart for $39.95 plus tax.  The "As You Seen On TV" products states that you can  have a phone service for $19.95 per year by simply plugging this USB device to your computer and plug in any of your home phone to the device and wala!!! You Have a Home Phone Service.  And so I did, I plugged it to my computer and plugged my home phone but nothing happened.

As I was about to return it, I decided to test it to my new Toshiba Laptop with Vista Operating system and it works just find.  But I use my HP computer with Windows XP operating system and it just freezes my computer.  So I just decided to use my Toshiba Laptop to use my Magic Jack.  But I'm always using my HP Laptop and I had to find a way to make it work.

How to fix your Magic if it doesn't work on your computer?
I visited the www.magicjack.com to see if I can call a representative or tech but there was no number listed.  You would think a phone company or a company who offers phone service would have a phone line with technical service representative.  And NOPE, no phone reps.  But they do have a chat with a rep.  And the Rep was actually helpful and gave me the following steps to fix my issue.

FOLLOW THE STEPS AND FIX YOUR MAGIC JACK

Sebastian: 1. Click Start tab and open your control panel...
Sebastian: 2. Go to internet options..
Sebastian: 3. under privacy tab.. slide bar down to "allow all cookies"
Sebastian: 4. under security tab click on "trusted sites" then click the "sites" button..
Sebastian: 5. type the following address into the text box..
Sebastian: 6. https://reg.talk4free.com click the "add" button..
Sebastian: 7. type in the following address.. https://my.magicjack.com and click "add".
Sebastian: 8. type https://data.magicjack.com and click "add" https://data.magicjack.com
Sebastian: 9. Uncheck the box at bottom left of window that says "require server verification..." click "ok"
Sebastian: 10. then click "Ok" close the internet options.
Sebastian: 11.unplug the magic jack and plug it back into a different usb port.

I recommend that you restart your computer after following the steps above and if that still didn't work try the steps below.  It worked for me.


Sebastian: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

That's my MAGIC JACK which is hook with my Vtech wireless phone.  Baby!!!


I got tired buying business cards because I can't afford my phone bill sometimes and often lost my phone number.  But never with Magic Jack.  I'm gonna pay additional 3-5 years as soon as I can.  Major Savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews