Friday, November 25, 2011

How to use the Coleman Propane Lantern

Coleman Propane Lantern
Model 5159
Cost me $24.00 at my lcoal Walmart

I never used one of these.  I visited walmart.com and read reviews and it had great reviews.  I visited my local Walmart and so it for sale for $24.00 and $25.88 at www.walmart.com  So I decided to buy one today.  As I said, I never used a Coleman Propane Lantern before or any propane lantern.  So I wasn't sure on how to operate it or set it up.  It says you suppose to burn the mantle.  I have no idea what they were talking about.  After reading the manual that came along with it, I still wasn't sure or wasn't confident enough to know what to do.  So here is what to do.

These are the mantles.  There are two of them.  They look like mini sack and are being held with metal wire that are twisted.  I removed the top by unscrewing the lid of the lantern and also removed the glass.  and then twisted a piece of paper and lit the two mantles.  I waited for them to burnt out and then push the ignition. This particular lantern have an automatic ignition.  and Poof its on. 

Oh... you do have to put the glass and lid back on before re-lit.


So our lights our out.  and I've bought some emergency candles.  They did the job.  But I wanted more lights.  So I bought a small battery operated lantern for $5.00 at Walmart.  I bought rechargeables batteries.  It needed 4 AA batteries to run.  I bought a battery charger with 4 recharable batteries included and cost me over $13.00 and with the $5.00 cost of the actual lantern.  and I tried and its still not powerful enough.  Although I fell asleep and woke up the next morning, the lantern is still on.  I think its perfect for camping and if you needed a night light, this lantern is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews