My soil where my garden is located is very sandy. I went ahead and transplanted the following:
- Green beans
- bay leaves
I will use:
- the leaves I've collected during the winter season
- humus - from a tree that composted into mulch - will also use this for mulch - to bring in organic to the soil
- plenty of harvested rain water and tap water
- egg shells and epson salt for the tomato plants
- my urine mixed with rain water for nitrogen - a natural and organic fetilizer.
Five days ago, I wasn't seeing any growth. Then the rain began. It has been raining atleast every other day for the past week. and I am seeing the differences in the garden.
Right now, I have hope.
as you can probably see the pentagon shape. That's because my veggie garden is inside a 1V geodesic dome. It is made out of 1/2 inch metal conduit. Each struts are about 5ft in length. The ends are flattened and holes are drilled through them. Nuts and bolts to put this 5 sided geodesic dome together. I used chicken wire to fence the garden, to keep my dogs away. I also used the chicken wire as tomato stands. I used garden staples to hold them in place.