Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wilshire Woods Apartments caught on Fire

Before the snow of yesterday in Macon, Georgia there was fire in my daughter's apartment complex.  And what was so scary about it is, the same building she resides is actually on fire.  Around 1 or 2 pm Sunday afternoon, a knock on the door from our neighbor alerted us that the apartment next door is on fire.
Macon Fire Department Arrived Quickly to Put the Fire out.
There was about 4 firetrucks and an ambulance on the scene.

It was then I realized that I'm not prepared or have no plans in case of such an emergency.  I wasn't sure what to grab first.  But I knew to grab both of our laptop and my bag of clothes and head for downstairs.
I don't what caused the fire.  But as you can see these men are really risking their life to put the fire out.  I have to give them their props.  I mean the apartment was really blazing fire.  They quickly got it under control.  

I'm just glad no one got hurt.  One of my daughter's neighbor said that the person who lives, just happened to be at church.  Her and her grand children.  And the person who lives downstairs is also at church.  So luckily no one got hurt.  

I told my daughter to make sure that her smoke alarm is working properly.  I have to get her some batteries, just in case she doesn't check 'em.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews