Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Starting off with a good Breakfast

 Starting today early with oatmeal mixed with black and blueberry.  I cooked in a rice cooker.

I wished I figured this out way sooner.  Like a lot sooner.  Rice cooker is more than just a rice cooker.  Sure I made rice and steam veggies all at the same time.  But I never thought about making oatmeal much less a lentils with it.  Which is what I made last night, lentils in a rice cooker.  More on that on future blog.  This is not instant oatmeal.  this is the real mackoy. 

Ingredients:  
One cup of oatmeal 
Two cups of water 
Some black berries
Some frozen blueberries
A teaspoon of creamy peanut butter
A tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 cup of coconut milk

You gonna want to cook the oatmeal and water till it starts to boil.  Then ad the rest of the ingredients.  Wait for another boiling period then you can set your rice cooker to warm.  Wait a couple of minutes to cool a little bit and it’s ready to serve.  You might want to stir every now and then to prevent the oats sticking to the bottom of the rice cooker.  And make sure you use that plastic spoon or wooden spoon to stir your oats.  You don’t want to scratch your rice cooker.

Let me know in the comments below if you ever tried cooking oats in your cooker.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews