Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Review of HP LaserJet P1006

I searched Officedepot.com, Staples.com and Bestbuy.com for the least expensive black and white monochrome laser printer.  The main reason why I chose this printer is the ability to printed in duplex or double sided.  The price wasn't bad either $99.00  thats a very good price for b/w laser printer. 

So I'm thinking this printer prints front and back.  But what they don't tell you is, it prints front and back manually.  Meaning it prints the even pages first and then prompts you to remove the printed pages and re-insert them in the paper tray.  That's is NOT duplexing! 

But because of the quality of the print jobs,  I wasn't that disappointed.  and I really needed a new laser printer anyway and my budget was around $100 bucks.  So I'll give it a 3.5 stars out of 5.  I would have rated it it 5 stars but the deception about duplexing really hurts.

So, if you are looking for a printer with the capability of duplexing, this is NOT it. But I'm going to change my rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 to 4 stars.  Because this printer is super tiny and perfect for small, tiny, nook home office.  I was really impress of the size and the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews